Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

28 March 2006

LaFreak is LaLife....

FINALLY got here, thanks Cooth & kT for your help! Greeley, CO is the LaFreak in my life right now. I've lived everywhere from small town Baker, MT to Vegas & Phoenix, and have NEVER lived in such an unfriendly town. I usually have a friend or 2 within a week, and this coming weekend will be 2 years here & I have not one friend to call if MargoRita (the car) were ever to break down (she won't - good car!), or to have a beer with. (much less kiss!) I've had friends from out of town come visit, talked to people who used to live here, & they all agree - it's not just me. I thought maybe it was the karma I came with - I was basically transferred here by my company to be the terminator & bitch. And I've done it well (if I do say so myself). Seems that isn't it. The glass 1/2 full of this is that I volunteer at the hospital & for the Red Cross & wow - different worlds! FRIENDLY PEOPLE!! I found myself very surprised to see smiles, & think it's pathetic it's come to that. The good thing about the whole move is I'm close enough to drive to see my parents, daughter & son-in-law & OHSOFLIPPINGCUTE grandkids once a month...& my nephews & all of their sporting events are an hour away. This makes life good. When I was working in Phoenix & Idaho, I wanted this transfer to get close to the fam...so always know - the grass may be a bit greener through the one eye, but dammit if there isn't that other eye that shows you the shit & the Le Freaks.....

7 Comments:

Blogger Cooth said...

Boy, survive Baker, MT and get stuck there.

I do have to say this. It absolutely shocks me that you haven't found anybody to hang with. You are one of the funnest people I have ever known. Too bad it is so far to drive up here, we like to drink! :o)

Glad to hear about the volunteering. That is awesome, hopefully, being in a different environment - one that you don't have to be the terminator - will turn this bewildering state of events around.

12:44 PM

 
Blogger kT said...

Is it wrong that I now think you look like the chick from The Terminator movies? I totally can't remember her name right now -- long hair, all buff.

6:55 AM

 
Blogger Tug said...

I WISH I looked like Linda Hamilton in her buff mode.....HA - I'll take it & NEVAH send a photo of myGrandmaself. We'll all have to meet 1/2 way sometime...fun times, towns will never be the same.

11:55 AM

 
Blogger Cooth said...

I have pictures of Grandma Tug!!
*insert evil laugh here*

12:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just remember I have pictures AND stories too............

12:40 PM

 
Blogger Cooth said...

Flick my Bic.

7:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh baby ooh baby.....

10:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home