Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

06 August 2006

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Fun:

Function: noun
Etymology: English dialect fun to hoax, perhaps alteration of Middle English fonnen, from fonne dupe
1 : what provides amusement or enjoyment; specifically : playful often boisterous action or speech

I used to have fun. I actually used to BE fun. What happened??? I want to go back. Now.

Right now, my life consists of a full-time job, a part-time job and school. My "adult" son moved out and moved back. So, I'm a single parent again. (okay, that didn't really ever end, but it was nice to live alone for a couple of months)

But way back when....there was fun. I used to play trivia and drink excessively every Friday night at a local bar with my friends. We had a team, the Crotchless Panties. We were actually pretty good. And it was fun. I used to be on a bowling league. I wasn't much good. But it was a night out and it was fun.

Nowadays, fun is having an extra few minutes of sleep, having time to prepare a real meal, having a clean desk, getting belly from Sullivan, eating footlong corn dogs and corn on a stick on a nice summer day, finding a few extra minutes to blog, just to name a few.

Fun. I should will make fun more of a priority in my life. Right now, I feel so stressed out and pulled in so many different directions. I don't normally let stress get to me this much. It just seems it is coming at me fast and furious. Over the course of the next 7 days, I will have two free days off from my real job, I have next weekend off from my crap job. That means only 3 days of work. 4 days to de-stress. breathe. get out of town. ahhhhhhhhhhhh. fun. I'm a girl and I just wanna have fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home