Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

10 April 2006

M M M My Sharona...

I saw this weeks theme and thought... yippie... I can talk about cop shows and crime shows and ADRIAN MONK and WOO HOO, I love talking about Forensics and since Monks first assistant was named Sharona, I'm In. I'm Good. I'm stellar. Only I didn't really know much about the song. So I looked up the lyrics. And Oh. My. God. It's way more Michael Jackson and a lot less Adrian Monk than I thought... "Such a dirty mind. Always get it up for the touch of the younger kind".

Um. Okay. So the song is about a pedophile? Um. Ew?

But here's my real point... There's all these crazy people giving birth to large bovine type mammals because TODAY'S music and TV shows show and say too much? Whoowhoo, look it's a pair of tata's. Never mind the fact that IMHO at least 75% of people have them. Seriously? I'd prefer to see the rack of a hot 20 year old blond named Amber than see the rack on a 50 year old man with man boobs. Seriously? Man boobs? EWWW.

So how is it that in 1979 no one had a problem with "Always get it up for the touch of the younger kind"? And in 2006 you still can't say ass on prime time.

Are ya'll sure Michael Jackson didn't sing this song?


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got to agree on the whole man boob thing. Can't be bigger than mine.........& no I'm not telling.

12:17 PM

 
Blogger Cooth said...

I love Monk. I do have to say, that I prefer Natalie over Sharona. Not sure why....

12:09 PM

 
Blogger Meg said...

I love Natalie. She's sweat. And cute. Sherona was obnoxious. And dressed like Peggy Bundy.

12:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home