Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

03 April 2006

You Are Not Alone

I hate to argue with the "great" Michael Jackson, but yes, I am alone. And right now, I’m loving it.

I left my parents home and married the first guy that asked. Young and dumb. I was constantly fighting with my parents, he offered to "save" me from that. I probably wouldn’t have done it, but my mother told me a story about a friend of hers who had married her husband because she was afraid that she wouldn’t get asked again. That thought had never crossed my mind. Until then. In addition to the parental crap I was dealing with, I now had the fear of "what if no one else ever asks???" It was a no-brainer in my 18 year-old mind. Marry him. Big mistake.
It wasn’t that he treated me badly. He didn’t. It’s just that when we got married, I was 18, he was 19. When we got divorced, I was 26, he was 14. We had different life goals and absolutely nothing in common.

After the divorce, I couldn’t afford a nice apartment, so I moved in with a roommate while I was finishing college. And then, I got pregnant. Oops. I moved into my own place when I was 6 months pregnant. Since then, I have lived with my son. He moved out a couple of months ago. I’m enjoying living alone.

At the present time, I’m not dating anyone. And for the first time in a long time, it doesn’t bother me. I don’t want to be single forever. But for right now -- It’s good. I’m starting back to college this week. I am excited about the new direction my life is taking. I have always been very independent, but right now, I really FEEL it. And, in case you didn’t catch it in paragraph one, I’m loving it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've learned (in my many years on this earth) that you can be MUCH more alone and lonely when you're with someone "wrong" than by yourself. And as long as you have your friends & family, you are not alone...we're all in this game called life together!

10:41 AM

 
Blogger kT said...

So McD's of you!~

12:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm either confused or really stupid.....McD's? Of me, or Cooth? HE'P ME PLEEEEZE!!! it's been a very long day.........

7:23 PM

 
Blogger Cooth said...

I'm lovin' it is McDonald's latest stupid slogan.

6:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

duh to moi. did I mention it'd been a very long day? I'm on my way to another.....already......

7:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home