Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

03 April 2006

Life is Good in non-aloneness.

I live alone. For the most part I work alone. There are 2 drivers on the road most of the time, 6 guys in the shop, & my "boss" (term used OHSOVERY loosely). He was gone for 2 days while "we" were preparing for quarter end. He got back in time to count inventory. He's gone again now, in time for variances to come back & recounts to be done. 1 + 1 should always equal 2. I am a bookkeeper after all, & have a 10 key for backup because my brain cannot always be trusted. Sometimes it's fried. Today it's fried. Today I found out that 1+1 equals a negative 420. At 9 to 18 bucks a pop, it's not wonderful news. Our corporate COO was very condescending today (I am woman), so tomorrow I will be atop stacks of dirty greasy inventory - NOT to roar (I may anyway), but to be counting 1+1+1 etc. etc. yada yada instead of using the clean 10 key in my clean office to do MY job, the job I was hired to do (there is more to it than terminating & bitching). I will be answering phones (forwarded to my cell) and answering questions and helping customers from atop a huge spider infested stack of inventory. I will then go in and use my clean 10 key to add 1+1+1 and hopefully come up with a positive number. Positive is so much better than negative in so many ways. So I came home feeling very alone (& braindead). My daughter called. Just to see how I was & how my day was (she's been through quarter end inventory nightmares with me before). My grandson gave me kisses & bear hugs, told me he missed me, & asked "how many more days" until he gets to see me. He's SO excited!! So am I. My granddaughter laughed & tried to eat the phone when I talked to her (she knows dada & mama & I'll take a laugh until we get Grandma down). Life is good, & I am not alone. Tomorrow it's old comfy jeans, grubby t-shirt, & fresh air instead of decent clothes (I never have to "dress") and a stale office all day. I may even play on a forklift just for funsies. Michael Jackson will NEVER get close to my grandchildren. For any amount of money, even the positive numbers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cooth said...

Your day sounds sucky. Actually, your job sounds a bit sucky. Hope they pay you big bucks. The whole spider-infested inventory freaks me a bit. Oh wait, that was last weeks theme.....

But K and the g-kids sound awesome.
It's great that she knew just when to call.

:o)

9:28 AM

 
Blogger Tug said...

today was a very good day. 1+1=2 again (after MUCHO MONDO work), life is good. 76 degrees, fresh air, life is great. no spiders. life doesn't get any better. (SHUSH - I know it could, but this is good & I'll take it)

7:36 PM

 
Blogger kT said...

Hey, no spiders when I was expecting spiders would be enough to make MY day good.

But then, I'm easy.

9:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home