Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

03 April 2006

I will call you, over and over, you are not alone....

Are you one of those people that always calls your friends? I am. I call people I haven't heard from in, say, forever. But I call them anyway. To say hi. See how they're doing. What they're up to. But sometimes I find that I'm talking way more than they are. In fact I hear a lot of "Uh-huh", "that's nice" and "really?"'s? About 4 minutes into the conversation I'll start to think... um, why did I call Sara? I don't really even like her? And GAWD why does she sound like she doesn't care? But I think I always liked Sara. Why isn't she talking? Am I really that boring? Did someone say something bad about me? Wait, is she talking to her husband? I swear I hear her hand over the phone. What's up with that. So I'll ask a question. And get a distant answer. Then decide that perhaps continuing to call her, someone I haven't seen since camp 20 years ago, when we were both 4th graders, who lives across the country, may not have been the best idea. So I'll politely get off of the phone.

But a few months later I'll call her again. Just to see what she's doing, how she is.

To all of you who I call randomly just for the heck of it? You can change your number. You can avoid my calls. But I will always find you. Always. You are not alone. Never. I'll make sure of it.

PS: I swear I'm not psycho

http://mabelsmuse.typepad.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Tug said...

YO PSYCHO - is your real name Madge? I love it when you call, I'm usually distracted, but will NEVER pick & the phone & call you so your calls also let me know you're OK. And it's nice to know I'm still thought of & cared about. OK, I know you're not her, but this is how I feel about my caller. keep those phone lines burning, ever so faintly

8:34 PM

 
Blogger Cooth said...

You are a freak. I'm so happy! Welcome to my world.... :o)

I wish I was better at keeping in touch with people. Tug is my only friend from my past that I keep in touch with....and it is 99.9% done by e-mail. I just don't make the effort. And I'm sorry for that. There are alot of great people that have been a part of my life, it would be nice to know how they are today....

People are lucky to know you.

9:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess i don't make the effort either then, huh. But we DO make an effort, if only by e-mail. That way we're not distracted, we're on our own time & happy to keep in touch. If it were anything BIG you needed to know right away, I'd call. promise!

11:53 AM

 
Blogger kT said...

Me, personally, I give up easily. I'm not a big phone person. I hate awkward phone calls more than anything else in the world and therefore avoid the phone, for the most part. As you all know, I still eschew the cell phone world. I hate the idea of always being available.

I guess at some point I realized that *I* can only put so much effort into any relationship. After that, it has to be a two-way street. And since I have a limited amount of time, I try to use it on the two-way streets. A conservationist at heart, am I.

9:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home