Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

05 June 2006

JUST JACK!

ahhh.....Will & Grace back when it was good. Jack 2000? Notsogood. But that's not my point for this post. I had never heard of Jack Johnson. My brother sent me a portable CD case for my birthday last year, full of homemade CD's. They were labeled 1.....2......through 6. Then they went to Unplugged 1.....unplugged 2......etc. through UP 4. They were all mix tapes, with quite the variety. And then there was "Jack". So I listened to them all, not having clue one what I was going to get. And I loved them all. I'd write down "CD 3, song 10", and when I'd get a good list going I'd call & he'd tell me who it was & what the song was. And he finally explained Jack. This was an awesome gift - I got to know some new (to me anyway) artists, brother knew all the history of each of them, and trying to listen to something & someone new took my mind off things. It even (kinda) made Wyoming interesting. Kinda. The cool thing about Jack? He's a surfer, started singing at get togethers on the beach.....& it took off. Reminds me of the story of Chris LeDoux. Started singing at rodeos (champ bareback rider).......his parents sold his tapes while he rode. Before you knew it - Garth was singing of him, and offering to donate a kidney when Chris needed it. Garth, offering a kidney. So sing their songs, dance their dances........I'll sit, wait & wish for more Jack. And I haven't seen Curious George yet, but will check it out too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home