Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

30 May 2006

Piss me off, Make me laugh.

The whole Spanish influx pisses me off. Yes, it's my right. I should NOT have to press one to hear things in English. I should NOT have to see Spanish only billboards. You're in NORTH AMERICA people, speak ENGLISH.

That being said, this song makes me laugh. When it first came out, we has Christmas at my brother's house. His boys were all there, my daughter of course, our parents, my other brother & wifey, & the first's girlfriend's whole family. Everything was videotaped - from the little kids falling off of the blow-up Tiggers, to an agonizingly long, yet hilarious version of The 12 Days of Christmas (Cooth, picture MY DAD doing "5 golden rings" over and over.......and over. and over. WITH the Tugfrown, yet smiling. Get the picture?) And my nephew........YOUNG, probably about 3 years old at the time, with a cute little girl from the other family...doing the macarena. And they thought they ROCKED. They were ON STAGE. We bring the video out EVERDAMN Christmas........I ignore most of it, busying myself with ANYTHING, but always have to watch the Macarena. And give the now 10 year old nephew hell about how CUTE he is there.......patting himself on the butt. Nephew, can you do it for me now puleeeeeze? In between studly moments of baseball, football, MANLY stuff?

1 Comments:

Blogger kT said...

I like the option of listening in Spanish -- it helps me imagine that I'm actually bilingual, which would be cool. (That said, if you have both roommates and digital cable, they tend to get upset when you start changing the languages of the display).

The other reason I think it's good is that there are jobs out there that I do not want to do. Ag labor is on that list. I'm not trying to be a snob (though I suppose I am), but I am glad that someone is willing to do the work.

7:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home