Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

22 May 2006

Tainted Love

Once upon a time, I decided to venture into the world of on-line dating and actually met someone that wanted to date me. He was in the service, a native of my town and coming home for the holidays to visit his mother. He sent me an e-mail telling me I had a nice smile and wondering if I would like to go to a movie with him. I replied that I wanted to know a little more about him because I don’t go out with complete strangers. Even though most of the men I date are completely strange.

Well, we met at a bar the day he got to town and went to a movie. We hit it off right away. He was nice, fun, somewhat attractive. I could tell he was someone I would enjoy hanging out with, but not someone that was going to be forever. Anyway, the rest of his visit here, we spent a lot of time together. And then he went back to his normal life. I went back to mine. We exchanged e-mails and a few phone calls over the next few months and then, he came back again. This time to move his mother from the family home into an assisted-living center. Again, we hung out, had some fun - oh and did I mention that the sex was pretty damn good? It was.

Anyway, the time arrived when he had to go back again, and he was taking the train. So, the evening before his train left, I gave him a ride to the town where the train departed from. We had some dinner, met up with one of his friends from high school, drank too much and went back to the motel and had some damn good sex.

His train left at 9, we were up at 6. I figured we had time for another round of damn good sex. But he didn’t want to. His penis hurt. What the fuck? I had never heard of that excuse, ever. I couldn’t recall anything we had done the night before that would cause a penis injury. Okay, whatever.

So we fall back into our regular routine of e-mailing and calling. The calls stopped after he called and begged me to come to see him. I have a teenager from hell living with me and two jobs. I cannot leave at the drop of a hat. The e-mails continued for awhile. Then he told me he was coming for another visit and wanted to go canoeing. Sounds fun, so I agree. We pick a weekend to do this. I get my schedule rearranged. He never shows up, never calls. He did try to IM me a few months later, but sorry dude. Done with you.

Well, now, he’s out of the service and back living here. I saw him one morning working at a store I go to frequently, but I looked like shit, so didn’t say hello; even though I stared at him for a solid minute trying to figure out for sure if it was him and what the hell he was doing there. After that encounter, I decided I should probably say hello to him the next time I saw him. I even toyed with the idea of having him over for dinner and damn good sex. But, I just can’t get past the fact that I caused him a penis injury. And therefore, I can’t even speak to him. Tainted Love.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tug said...

OK, you have to keep me posted on this one! NOT just for the injured penis, but the man......

Just make sure that he's WORTH the great sex (I cannot even believe those words came out of my fingers) & not going to be a PITA.

9:00 PM

 
Blogger Cooth said...

This will be the only update you will ever need on this one: It's done over finito. Will not happen.
The "injury" happened 2 years ago, I'd bet that its all better now. But I'm not going to try to find out.

6:20 AM

 
Blogger Cooth said...

wait...I was wrong....it was 3 years ago.

7:31 AM

 
Blogger kT said...

I love the fact that this story has yielded the nickname "Mr. My Penis Hurts" for our story-telling pleasure.

Meat department. {snork}

2:28 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I shall be raunchy and gross just to make you all groan and I will ENJOY it dammit

Perhaps you're so... ahem... small, that it was a tight fit and therefore caused him pain?

3:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home