Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

23 May 2006

Taint - to affect with putrefaction

or

to contaminate morally

or

the area between a man's beans and his poop shoot.

Any definition you use? A woman with any sense is out of there. right? Only? That last sentence is a bit of an oxymoron, don't you think?

It's funny, looking back at a lot of my relationships and looking at a lot of my friends relationships, I can honestly say that "commonsense" isn't a word I'd use, with the exception of "she has none". Relationships that are good for us, and that are... oh, what's that word? HEALTHY. They just don't seem to impress young 20-something women. We get bored. We get tired. We're worse then men. Seriously.

Now, give us a bad guy; one with a motorcycle and a couple of ex-wives. And Tattoos. We love tattoos. A regular neighborhood bar in which everyone knows his name? Dude, we're hooked. We're SO there.

And really? It's sad. The good news is that eventually we do outgrow this stage, or at least most of us do. We remove our heads from our posteriors. We get our act together. We start going to bed at 10 and having a regular cleaning day and we start to get it. We get that what we really want is to be happy and healthy and secure, regardless of whether it's with someone else or just with ourselves. We stop making the obviously-stupid-choice (at least to others) and start making the smart choice. And eventually? We will at least become happy with ourselves.

Who needs tainted love anyway?

2 Comments:

Blogger kT said...

We don't see it as tainted. Even without the outward signs of "wrongness," we end up with the wrong guys (no tattoos, no drinking problems, just baggage and incompatibility).

You know the other part of that? We're screwing up to learn what it is that we don't want. I have to see it that way. We date the wrong guys to prove that their charms are not what lasts or what matters.

6:55 PM

 
Blogger Tug said...

I love a good tattoo. NOT covered in them, but a good one? I'm a sucker. And have a few myself. And guys on cycles do it for me, though I will neverEVER get on another one......so I just enjoy the eye candy when I can.

2:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home