Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

06 August 2006

Fun....Girls.....

I guess that I'm supposed to just want to have fun. I don't know. I want more out of life than just fun, but the fun should be the spice, right?

And yet....

I am not at all unhappy with where my life is at the moment. But to be truthful? There is not a whole lot of fun in it.

This town is bizarre. Demographically, I'm out of my element. The other people my age, the few that still live here, are all married, many of them to their high school sweethearts, and they're all having kids. I know that I would know more people if I either belonged to a church or had kids. But I'm not religious, at least not in an organized way, and I have no intention of using the ovaries that I was born with (and that make me a girl -- I am keeping to the theme here). So I have but a very few people that I call friends. And they are all at least 12 years older than I am and have children and have other concerns in life than I do.

I have other friends. They all live many miles away. The people I used to have crazy fun with in college do not live within a day's drive of where I currently am. And I made and live with that choice, happily. But occasionally? A girl feels a bit lonely.

In an ideal world, my fun would consist of movies, book discussions, current issues debates, some cooking, a little drinking, and some sheer randomness. I do get all of the above, but much of it alone. And no on the book discussions, since I'm generally the only one reading whatever I'm reading (currently: Monstrous Regiment, Terry Pratchett, who always cracks me up).

As much as I enjoy my time alone, a few things are more fun with other people. And, no, Susan, you don't have to go there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home