Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

31 October 2006

I'd like to Mash

Monsters are streaming into the building in which I work. Luckily, I am one poured concrete floor away from their snotty, shrieking, costumed beings. I can see them through the window, though, meandering in to the "haunted" house I was part of my first year here. No one warned me how gory and yet lame it would be. I'd done haunted houses before -- back in college, we used the music building. Somehow, I always ended up in the Loonie bin.

But, back to the monsters. Back in college I didn't hate them. A few years ago, I didn't, either. But I have had to work with one for the past five months. I don't have the patience to be a parent. Hence, I am not one. I also do not work in a primary school, nor a daycare. I do occasionally have to speak to school groups. I don't know how teachers do field trips -- the whole time I was out there, I kept expecting one monster to push another into traffic. Blood, gore, death, wailing parents....yeah, not cut out for that.

Please, someone, tell me why evolution has not yet installled mute buttons on children?

3 Comments:

Blogger Tug said...

I'd prefer smack'em buttons for parents...then the kids may behave & not NEED mute buttons. Just a thought.

7:34 PM

 
Blogger spoon said...

yeah,and why is there always so much snot??!

11:11 PM

 
Blogger costa rica said...

Hello I want to congratulate to you. This site is fantastic, looks like entertained and very good to me it elaborated. I invite them to that they explore a little on my site of the Web
Our real estate listing includes great opportunities on Costa Rica Central Valley’s provinces such as San Jose, our Capital, with remarkable cities as Escazu at the west, or Curridabat at the east, experiencing a great development on both commercial and residential properties, making their real estate pricing highly attractive to investors; on other hand, Alajuela city gathers places with a very special warm weather such as Grecia, La Garita and Atenas, or beautiful farms for agricultural, cattle or nature preservation purposes as those located on San Carlos or Sarapiqui. We also offer land properties in Guanacaste, which is the province, along with Puntarenas, with the most beautiful tropical beaches on the Pacific Coast such as Tamarindo, Playa Grande, El Coco, Playa Hermosa, Nosara, Samara, Herradura, Jaco, Manuel Antonio, Dominical and Golfito, where the real estate business occupies the first place as the local economic activity.
Great investment opportunity at Costa Rica Pacific Coast, Preconstruction condos in costa rica ,Condo sales in costa rica, Retirement property in costa rica. Visit us for more info at: http://www.costa-ricarealestate.com/

3:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home