Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

18 April 2006

I don't run with scissors

I've always been a pretty positive person. I've even been known to sing (loudly & badly) just to ease tension at work; make everyone smile & laugh a little. I've been called "perky". notsomuch lately. And the reason for that, is work. As some of you have heard me say, I was sent here to be the terminator & "strong arm" (aka bitch), making sure company policies were adhered to, budgets were met, etc. Little did I know that my "boss" (forever to be referred to in quotes) would be my biggest hurdle to overcome. And he will never change. Ever. He will never be fired. Ever. He makes a whole salary more than I do. I have bigger balls, more knowledge, and SOmuch higher morals than he does. Yet he will never be fired. This much I know; this has been proven (and not just in my little head). So I'm ready to take a bow. I "hide behind my smile" and "just make them smile", "the whole world loves a clown". I play nice. I don't run with scissors (I'm afraid my subconscious would take over, I'd trip myself & stab him). It's time to take a bow before I stop playing nice and decide to sprint with scissors. So I've polished up the resume' and started sending it out. It's a sad sad world when you leave a company you've given 150% to because nothing will be done about one person. Ever. But hopefully it will bring back the "perky" person once again. Make the glass 1/2 full again; it's been 1/2 empty for far too long. The grass is not always greener, but maybe a fresh shade of dirt will be the change I need. And maybe the grass will grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home