Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

01 May 2006

Mickey

How can one sing of Mickey and NOT think of Mickey Mouse? Is it possible? In April of 1991, my son and I took a trip to California. And Mickey was involved.

It was one of those rare occasions that airfares were low and I had some extra cash, so we booked our airfare to L.A. Luckily, my favorite aunt lives about 40 minutes out of L.A., so we had accommodations and tour guides. It was an awesome trip. Leaving North Dakota in early April for a warmer clime is always a treat, and seeing my aunt and her family is always great.

Our flight to L.A. was the first time my son had flown. I am not a great flyer, I will admit. I’m okay once the plane has taken off and don’t start freaking out again until it is time to land. Our flight had a stop over in Salt Lake. As we are getting ready to take off from there, my cute adorable 3 year-old son says, "Let’s hold hands again and see if we can get all sweaty." And then he promptly fell asleep, so I had no one to hold my sweaty palm on take off.

We did all kinds of touristy things while out there. And my son got to celebrate his 4th birthday at the Los Angeles Zoo. And I got to see Jack from The Young and the Restless there. Wow - this small town girl seeing someone famous. I would have loved to have gone over and said hello to him, but about the time I worked up the nerve, Tb was throwing a hissy fit. So, I skipped it. Oh, and the zoo was fantastic. After the zoo, we went to Chucky Cheese for a birthday party. It was our first time to a Chucky Cheese.

We spent a day at the ocean. Tb wasn’t too sure about that. He has never been afraid of water, but I think it was pretty loud that day and he didn’t quite get that. We did put my feet and his hands in there (not all that warm in April) but had to be done. We saw lots of really nice, expensive boats. Ah, to be rich.

The highlight of our trip had to be Disneyland. I absolutely loved that. It was a perfect day. Some might even say magical. I know that a lot of people think it’s all a bunch of hype and just a way to suck money from the masses. But, I had a blast. I don’t care. And, if given the opportunity, I would go again. So there. Maybe someday, many years from now, I can take my son and his kids. That would be another great vacation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tug said...

Is that the aunt in Canyon Cun-ry?? (I don't know how to spell it to sound like we said it)

5:37 PM

 
Blogger Cooth said...

yep.

i believe it was more like Cunt-ree.

6:35 AM

 
Blogger Tug said...

hee hee hee......but the 't' was kinda silent. we were hicks, not dirty-worders.

10:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home