Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

25 June 2006

My favorite "mistake"



Here she is....looking like a rock star! She & her fam had a fa, reunion this weekend with SIL's family so we didn't talk on the phone as much as usual. I got a LOT done around the house, they had a BLAST, all is good. She called when they got home, we chatted, said our good-byes. She called AGAIN, had more to say, we laughed until we both cried. She, truly, is an amazing person that makes me proud each & every day, & that I am very lucky to have in my life. 26 years ago, when I found out I was pregnant, I was SHOCKED. Did not want to tell my parents. Something like that? You've got to tell - no keeping THAT a secret. Her dad was THRILLED, we got married, life is wonderful. By the time I went into labor with her, I had to have someone drag his drunk ass out of the bar to drive me the 45 miles to the hospital. He made it through the birth, & didn't come back until 3 days later when we were ready to go home. Needless to say, that marriage didn't last. And I've never looked back. K & I have gone through some shit, but we've made it through. There is nothing that melts my heart more than when she, a totally responsible grown-up calls & says "Mama, I need your help with ____. Or advice. Or just want to talk."....Her conception may have been a "mistake".....her life is not. K, your mama loves you. And may wear combat boots. Occasionally. And if you'd let me? I'd probably dress you funny. But that's another post.

4 Comments:

Blogger kT said...

Combat boots are totally appropriate for this kind of situation.

4:43 PM

 
Blogger Meg said...

Awe. how freaking cute!

11:06 AM

 
Blogger Blog said...

You're very inspiring. I hope my daughter and I are close when she (we) grows up! And, she still calls you Mama? That's so darn sweet! :)

12:50 PM

 
Blogger Tug said...

Thank you all! She calls me mom, madre, mother, MOTHER, hey you...but it's always Mama when it's serious/advice type talking. And it always melts my heart. Combat boots are always fun, esPECIALLY if they embarrass your kids. ;-)

5:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home