Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

16 August 2006

Drops of Jupiter


I've always been fascinated by astronomy. When I was in the 5th grade, Santa even knew it and brought me a telescope. It wasn't anything fancy, but it was fun for this small town girl! Well, eventually, I grew up (okay, that is debatable) and went to college. I needed some science credits and voila! There was an astronomy class! It was Meteorology/Astronomy, but I like weather too, so it was the deal for me.

I took this class my last semester if junior college. During this time, I was pregnant. Tb was born with just 5 weeks left in the semester. The final test for the astronomy portion of the class was a bugger. The prof had pictures of constellations, we had to name them. I suck at stuff like that. So, evenings were spent with baby and constellations. I had a nifty little book (required for the class) that was probably about 4 x 6 inches in size. Tb bonded with the book. When he was old enough to pick out the toys he took with, that book went everywhere. It was cute. He never once asked me to read it, but he always seemed to enjoy looking at the pictures.

Well, now little Tb is all grown up and heading to college. He's gonna need some science credits and his first science class? Astronomy.

*****Just found this book at a bargain books site. $1.99. It's on it's way to my house..... :o)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tug said...

how cool.....are you going to surprise him with it?

2:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home