Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

06 September 2006

One Night in Bangkok



I think I'd like Bangkok. I'm basing that on, well -- I like cities, I like traveling, I love Thai food. I like temples and bars, though I've never been to a massage parlour. Queens of all sorts are good. Reclining Buddhas? Muddy Rivers? Bring 'em on. And I love chess.

And I'd truly love for the world to be my oyster, chess champion or not.

I've seen Chess on stage. Twice. Think of the 1980s, the US-Soviet tensions, the mild cultural fascination with chess, the state of world politics. Add a metaphor or two. A love story. Some ABBA. Make a musical. Add theatre geeks. Feel the love. Watch the game. Control it.

And I'd bring Yul Brenner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home