Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

26 June 2006

Cat time please

Okay, perhaps I'm "too young" to be saying this, but I, for one, and very happy that life is short. This shit is hard bizzichs! My god. I remember being a wee thing and running to the mailbox just HOPING that something would be in there for me. And what would there be? Little white envelopes with windows marked for my dad. Man, I was soooo disappointed. I wanted to be allowed to stay up late and watch the 8:00 tv shows. I wanted a cool job in an office like my dad. I wanted to wear makeup. I wanted to drive a pretty little car that was all my own. I wanted a pony. So I spent all of my spare time dressing up my cats and pushing them around in a baby carriage.

Now? I have all of my damned bills emailed to be, because if I get one more of those stupid white envelopes with stupid little windows I'm going to scream. I can't get to sleep at night because I'm enjoying me decompression time so much (usually watching mindless forensic tv that then gives me nightmares) that I stay awake way too late and can't get up in the morning. I drive to work (please don't get me started on work) For-Ever (it's more than an hour people. Come. On.) thinking that I should have gotten to bed a hell of a lot earlier than I did, realizing that I forgot to put on make up (and who really wants to wear that crap anyway?), wait, did I brush my hair this morning? And my LORD this car is costing me a ton of money, and what the heck am I going to do when the warranty wears out in 99 THOUSAND miles, because that's like... 3 years in my world. I realize that a pony is the dream of a child because having a pony would mean actually having to have time to take care of said pony, and if I can't find the time to put on make-up, and I'm exhausted all the time, I'm never, Ever, getting up every single morning to feed a pony and muck it's stall, even on Christmas (and what happened to Christmas anyway). And all I want is time at home, during daylight hours even, to dress up my cats and push them around in one of those cool cat strollers.

Thank god life is short, because I don't know how much of this "adult" crap I can take.



I would like the stroller in pink please.

4 Comments:

Blogger kT said...

I no longer want a pony. I want a goat, which would save me having to mow the lawn or trim the hedges. Plus, they're cute.

Your cats don't seem the dress-upable type....

4:46 PM

 
Blogger Tug said...

Meg, I would TOTALLY buy you the pink stroller for your cats if it would make you feel better. I lost a brother when he was only 19, so totally think life is TOO short. You gotta make the best of it (I do remind myself of this at times too).....

6:37 PM

 
Blogger Meg said...

I enjoy being bitter, didn't anyone tell you it's the new black? Seriously, adulthood sucks.

And my cats are so the dressupable type :)

6:13 AM

 
Blogger kT said...

Um, have YOU seen the last cat pic you posted on your blog? I forget which girl it is, but she's totally saying "I WILL rip you, bitch. Back off and keep the bonnet to yourself!"

1:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home