Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

28 June 2006

Life is Short....and other things

When Kt gave me the list of songs for the month....I thought "Gee, these sound easy." I was wrong.

I’ve been on the planet now for 45 ½ years. Wow. Where did the time go? What have I done? Why am I here? Who can answer this question? When is my time up?

I look around and see people who have really accomplished a lot in their lives. A recent death of a young person has me thinking. I did not know this person, but he is important to me. He had many friends and I have been reading many wonderful things about him. This has me wondering how I will be perceived when I am gone. I’m not at all thrilled with what comes to mind.

I have led a very mundane and un-remarkable existence. My job is mediocre; but I like it. I am somewhat educated; but I'm back in school and enjoying learning again. I'm happy to sit at home and watch tv in the evenings; but when I do go out, I'm very easily entertained. I haven't had a decent vacation for years; but really want to go to Vegas for my birthday this year. I don’t know that I have made a difference in anyone’s life and certainly not to society as a whole; but I do pay my taxes and vote. I’ve never had a "big dream" that needs to be fulfilled; but I'm not feeling let down because I haven't fulfilled my big dream. I find it hard to save money; but I manage to get by. I suck at pretending to like people; but if I do like you, I'd do damn near anything for you.

I’ve made a lot of mistakes. My Favorite Mistake has to be my son. Even though we are constantly working through some kind of crap. Whether it be his behavior, my bitchiness, his lack of responsibility, my wish to be appreciated.....He is still mine. And I love him. I seem to always be Sitting, Waiting, Wishing for something. Well, Fuck This Shit....I gotta get busy living. It's time.

Life IS short......

1 Comments:

Blogger Tug said...

You, my friend, have touched lives. This - is remarkable!

8:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home