Each week a song title will be chosen as a theme. Here's where you blog it. And probably get it stuck in your head.....

16 July 2006

472747N to 42.321597

This is great. This comes as I prepare myself to actually (at an ungodly early hour) change latitude this week.

I cannot tell you how psyched I am.

Remember being a kid? School lasted from September to June (or August to May) and then there was SUMMER!!!!!!

Adulthood sucks, vacation-wise. Not only that, but the US has some of the worst vacation policy seen among developed nations. We live to work, rather than working to live. How sad.

My trip to Boston is a vacation in that, though I will be "working," the work is related to a chosen activity (union membership and activism) rather than to what I get paid to do. And? It's BOSTON. They have a library. I love libraries. Every time I hit a new city, if I have time, I check out the library. This time, I don't even have to go out of my way -- there will be a reception there. And if all goes well, I will have the opportunity to meet another blogger -- I'll post her link if she agrees to it.

Even the prospect for a change in latitude has changed my whole attitude -- my whole outlook on life.

We need more vacation time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tug said...

Enjoy Boston, & have some seafood for me!!

6:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home